Transportation CAD Designer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec has an immediate need for an CADD Technician in our Birmingham, AL office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The Technician will work under the direction of a Project Manager performing duties that will include all aspects of design, including but not limited to roadway projects, bridge projects, drainage and stabilization projects, and infrastructure projects.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control for work to ensure technical accurateness.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in CAD drafting preferable.
- Knowledgeable or able to learn relevant software programs including Microstation, AutoCAD, GIS, and Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with a design team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license
Education and Experience
Associates Degree (A.A.)in Drafting/Design or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school. 0-2 Years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Mobile
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001MA
Back to top