Transmission Line Engineer - Jacksonville, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our Power Delivery group has an opportunity for an Entry Level Transmission Line Engineer. Project requirements will include detail engineering and support of transmission line projects from conceptual design through construction.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will prepare specifications and scope documents for construction tenders and contracts.
- You will also be responsible for liaison with clients and contractors, coordinating with various disciplines and permitting agencies, and acting as a mentor for junior Engineers.
- You will enjoy the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, with the liberty to take on a project management role as desired.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience developing Assembly, L&D and Design drawings for wood, concrete, and steel poles as well as lattice towers.
- Familiar with Geotechnical data interpretation for foundation design for transmission structures.
- Experience designing foundations for a variety of structure types and geotechnical requirements.
- Ability to communicate with Survey and GIS personnel and interpret survey data to achieve project goals.
- Proficient with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER as well as LPile, FAD Tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sound understanding of project management systems (engineering, quality, construction, HSE, etc.) as well as field construction support experience.
- Familiar with industry standards regarding transmission lines from ASCE, Cigre, CSA, IEC and IEEE, NESC and GO-95.
- Conductor selection and optimization and fiber optic cable design (Electrical and Structural considerations)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (BSCE) or Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an ABET accredited college or university.
- EIT, 0-2 years of experience in the design of overhead High Voltage and Extra High Voltage transmission lines including route selection, line and structure spotting, structure design and analysis, and development of construction bid packages. (Underground Transmission design experience up to 230kV is a bonus).
- P.E or ability to acquire within 1 year preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001AC
Back to top