Transmission Line Engineer
- Sacramento, CA
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are seeking a mid level Transmission Line Engineer who will be responsible for working primarily with a multi-discipline group of engineers and technicians in the Power & Dams engineering group in Walnut Creek, CA, Sacramento, CA or Salt Lake City, UT.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work on a variety of transmission and distribution projects, with the liberty to take on a project management role as desired.
- Develop cost estimates, schedule and proposals
- Prepare specifications and scope documents for construction tenders and contracts.
- Be responsible for liaison with clients and contractors, coordinating with various disciplines and permitting agencies, and acting as a mentor for junior Engineers.
- Develop tools and methodology to streamline the structural analysis, transmission line analysis, and evaluate the structure conditions.
- Utilize PLS-Tower to conduct the tower analysis and to evaluate the structural adequacy of the tower structures for transmission circuits ranging from 115kV to 500kV.
- Perform inspection and evaluation of concrete foundation of transmission structures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- P.E or ability to acquire within 1 year
- Experience developing Assembly, L&D and Design drawings for Wood, Concrete, and Steel Poles as well as Lattice Towers.
- Familiar with Geotechnical data interpretation for foundation design for transmission structures.
- Experience designing foundations for a variety of structure types and geotechnical requirements.
- Ability to communicate with Survey and GIS personnel and interpret survey data to achieve project goals.
- Proficient with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER as well as LPile, FAD Tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sound understanding of project management systems (engineering, quality, construction, HSE, etc.) as well as field construction support experience.
- Familiar with industry standards regarding transmission lines from ASCE, Cigre, CSA, IEC and IEEE, NESC and GO-95.
- Conductor selection and optimization and fiber optic cable design (Electrical and Structural considerations)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (BSCE) or Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from and ABET accredited college or university.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Walnut Creek
Other Locations: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000008E
Back to top