At Stantec, we design with community in mind. Our Transit Advisory Group is focused on providing consulting services such as business planning, operational analysis, fleet reviews, financial analysis, organizational change, asset management, economic analysis, and strategy support. We primarily serve public sector transit agencies in North America but offer our services to private sector clients as well. In this capacity, we work with executive and senior management to improve performance and ensure the application of industry leading practices in the provision of effective and efficient transit.
Stantec has an immediate need for a Training Facilitator in Toronto, ON . The Training Facilitator position offers great opportunities for professional growth; you will have the opportunity to work on diverse transit-related projects that span all elements of the industry including but not limited to planning, operations, fleet, technology, customer service and marketing. As part of our team, you will work directly with clients and subject-matter leaders on a regular basis. This role carries an elevated level of responsibility including strategically managing the relationship with of one Stantec's most valuable clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development of training materials, lesson plans and e-modules (Computer-based Training)
- Receives, reviews and co-ordinates department requests for customized training;
- Reviews and assesses course evaluations from participants
- Liaise with a multi-disciplined team and provide coordination
- Coordinate and schedule training classes;
- Co-ordinate attendance for training with employees and/or with departmental contacts;
- Delivery of training lesson plans as required
- Perform other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication: this position requires a high degree of involvement in meetings and regular communication to various stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills: this position requires a high degree of interaction with varied individuals from different functional groups
- Demonstrated experience in developing e-learning strategies, plans and processes; and sound knowledge of available learning technologies, including Learning Management Systems
- Proven experience working with e-learning platforms such as Captivate
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of web-based-training instructional design; and hands-on experience with e-learning authoring, creating storyboards/rapid prototyping, quizzes and multi-media applications
- Sound knowledge of adult education principles and experience applying them to course design and delivery
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision
- Ability to both work as part of a diverse design team with multiple objectives and take ownership of tasks and run projects independently.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of PCs and software applications relevant to the work including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A completed University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline and at least two years of directly related work experience in education and/or, training and experience
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is a requirement of this role
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 2
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top