We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Traffic Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of other senior engineers.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of transportation studies and projects including corridor and intersection improvement from conceptual through final design. You will be expected to evaluate and develop solutions to improve mobility for all users, integrating Complete Streets principles and, where applicable, urban mobility best practices
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the development of traffic (signal, signs/markings, traffic management) design plans, specifications, and estimates based upon agency standards.
- Conduct traffic capacity analysis and simulation of intersections, along arterial corridors, and for freeway segments and interchanges.
- Conduct various traffic engineering analyses, including traffic safety, traffic signal warrant, trip generation and sight distance analysis.
- Prepare written technical reports to document the results of engineering/planning studies.
- Interact directly with DOT and local government clients and review agencies at project meetings and ensure that all client project designs meet and exceed engineering standards.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Proficient in relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D and SignCAD
- Proficient in traffic software/tools (Synchro, HCS, Sidra, Vissim, etc.) for traffic analysis and simulation for a variety of conditions and needs at specific intersections, along arterial corridors, and for freeway segments and interchanges.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field.
- EIT required; Licensed Professional Engineer a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180001E0
Back to top