We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists with Stantec as a Traffic Engineer in our Richardson/Dallas office. We are seeking a highly-motivated person who will work closely with Stantec's project managers on the planning and development of traffic engineering projects. They will be responsible for developing traffic studies, traffic analyses, signing/payment marking plans, traffic signal designs and plans, lighting designs, and/or ITS designs for various highway and roadway traffic engineering projects. They will coordinate with and provide support to the highway and community development groups, and on traffic engineering projects throughout Texas.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of civil, transportation, and traffic engineering.
- Assists in the development and design of traffic engineering projects.
- Assists in preparing project plans and drawings for various highway and roadway traffic projects.
- Performs research, obtains traffic data for studies, makes calculations and conducts environmental and transportation analyses.
- Responsible for preparing and coordinating technical activities on assigned projects.
- Conducts basic interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/ designer.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) minimum
Minimum of 5 years of traffic engineering experience
Ability to perform traffic studies, analysis, and modeling using Synchro, CORSIM, and/or VISSIM, is preferred.
Knowledge of calculations performed by software.
Basic experience using Microstation and any other relevant design software.
Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Developing organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting.
Ability to create and interpret sketches, drawings, and various exhibits.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Fort Worth
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180001HK
Back to top