Traditional Knowledge Facilitator
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Our Community and Aboriginal Affairs group specializes in Indigenous engagement support, Indigenous traditional knowledge and land use studies, and the integration of traditional knowledge into environmental assessments across Canada. We have provided cultural resources planning, management, assessment and mitigation services to private sector resource developers, all levels of government, non-governmental groups, and Indigenous communities. We practice respectful collection and interpretation of information in collaboration with Indigenous groups.
The Traditional Knowledge Facilitator will be responsible for building the delivery of Aboriginal relations activities which include environmental assessment and permitting processes, traditional knowledge studies, report writing, and assisting in aboriginal consultation and engagement activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Building internal Aboriginal relations capacity within Stantec, including providing guidance, support and mentoring to junior staff
- Helping to enhance relationships between clients and Indigenous communities
- Conducting traditional knowledge and traditional land use studies, including interviews and field studies
- Reporting, documentation and peer review
- Contributing to assessments for regulatory applications
- Completion of projects efficiently within allocated budgets and timelines
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultural, historical and political context in Canada
- Understanding of Indigenous communities and the realities and issues that affect them
- Outstanding interpersonal ability with diverse cultural groups
- Excellent oral and demonstrated written communication skills
- Must have a valid driver's license as travel may be required in this position as project needs dictate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Industry-specific safety training certificates is an asset
Relevant consulting experience is an asset, particularly in community-based research
Combination of time spent in field and office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top