Technical Leader - Due Diligence
Stantec's the Environmental Services (ES) practice includes a team of professionals focused on serving multinational commercial and industrial companies across their global enterprise. Our services span the entire facility life cycle, including facility siting, environmental permitting; Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) due diligence for acquisitions; EHS support to operating facilities; plant decontamination and demolition; and contaminated land cleanup.
We are currently seeking a Technical Leader for our due diligence offering. Stantec has more than 25 years of experience providing accurate and timely transaction services. These services include: 1) identifying and quantify risk and opportunities associated with business merger, acquisition, and divestitures; 2) integration planning and implementation support; 3) supply chain auditing; and 4) property transfer site assessments.
Stantec offers our clients experienced staff who understand that business and property transactions must combine technical knowledge and experience with business acumen to address financial, real estate, regulatory, and community drivers. Our years of expertise combined with unique knowledge management tools and standardized processes bring speed and efficiency to data collection, analysis, and reporting - allowing our clients to make informed business decisions in a timely manner.
At this time, Stantec has a unique opportunity for an individual to serve as the Technical Leader for our Due Diligence offering. The mission is to expand our EHS due diligence practice across our client base within ES while working with Stantec's other Business Operating Units to include complementary services, such as asset integrity assessments, and production process evaluations.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Technical Leader is responsible for expanding Stantec's knowledge and skills within this service offering, translating that knowledge and skill into services that our customers will purchase. Metrics are delivering quality, a focus on creativity & innovation, revenue growth, supporting profitable delivery of services, staff and geographic expansion of the practice;
Key tasks that a successful Technical Leader must conduct include:
- Promoting and supporting the corporate and ES-specific safety programsManaging and coordinating the provision of expert advice relating to their Technical Area;
- Identifying market opportunities by understanding Stantec's past experience, resources, capabilities, and existing technologies, as wells past and future trends in the industry, market economics, and competitor positions;
- Collaborating with Account Managers and Sector Leaders on pursuitsSupport the pursuit and capture phase by communicating our offering in a manner that improves our value proposition with the customer and manages our project risk;
- Promoting and supporting creativity and innovation in their Technical Area, including leading work practice and product improvements designed to differentiate Stantec in the market while improving project delivery;
- Lead the development of appropriate branding materials, Statements of Qualification, and associated materials for the facilitation of effective pursuits/proposals;
- Identify, evaluate capabilities, and mentor key technical talent within the practice, and build effective functioning cross-disciplinary project teams for focused project pursuit and delivery;
- In collaboration with the Geographic Technical Leader (GTL) and Geographic Discipline Leader (GDL), nominate and select candidates for Subject Matter Expert designation within their Technical Area;
- During project execution, work with our project team to improve quality of the work product and delivery of the service;
- Assisting the Geographic Discipline Leaders (GDLs) and Geographic Technical Leaders (GTLs) in arbitrating quality management issues within their Technical Area
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Attributes of a successful Technical Leader include;
- Advanced practitioner or subject matter expert in due diligence;
- Ability to engage our clients in meaningful discussions about their critical due diligence issues, translating those discussions into opportunities to deliver solutions;
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally with all levels of our client's organization;
- Ability to effectively build, manage, coach, mentor and engage with a Stantec staff to build a high performing team selling and delivering this integrated service offering;
- Proven ability to provide overall consistency with all quality of our deliverables and service to our clients;
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, and desire for team success;
- Willingness to occasionally travel throughout the US, Canada and internationally;
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or business administration. Master's preferred;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional consulting experience, demonstrating progressive responsibility;
- At least 5 years of experience with building client relations and developing business.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations: Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001C2
Back to top