Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a motivated, upbeat person to contribute to our environmental services division. The successful candidate will plan, design, edit, and proofread documents such as technical reports, publications, proposals, and correspondence for internal distribution, customer reference, or publication.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Edit reports, publications, proposals and correspondence to ensure clarity of content, consistency of format and accuracy of grammar.
- Edit technical documents including California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) studies and reports, biological reports, cultural resources reports, and permit applications, among others)
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and other business development work products, such as memos, fact sheets, PowerPoints, and email.
- Provide technical editing support to project managers; ensure consistency of work products across clients and programs.
- Responsible for quality control, production and distribution of documents in accordance with schedules.
- Must have experience with CEQA/NEPA documents.
- Excellent written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required
- Strong interest in environmental, engineering, and/or other professional services.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism and at least 5 years of job-related experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top