Your Opportunity Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods / mine development and complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, and mine ventilation. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Your Duties Stantec's mining group is hiring a Technical Editor to join tour team in our Tempe, AZ office.
- Uses advanced writing and editing skills while assisting writers in the preparation of various document types (e.g., proposals. memorandums, letters, reports, trade-off studies, specifications, feasibility studies, etc.).
- Formats (using "styles" in Microsoft Word 2010), tracks / controls, and files various document types. Imports tables, figures, drawings, and photos from other software into Microsoft Word 2010.
- Ensures project deliverables conform to Stantec standards (i.e., revision process, formatting and styles, peer and client reviews, quality assurance checks, etc.).
- Completes routine follow up and data entry.
- Issues, receives, records, and files project-related communications and records, including incoming data from vendors.
- Follows Stantec electronic filing and naming structure process and procedures.
- Prepares hard copy deliverable packages for issuance to clients and potential clients.
- Will provide quality assurance / quality control checks of DMDC project team members' work, and will be expected to have own work checked as well.
- Will be required to attend meetings and take notes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in communication, business, or related field.
- Experience in engineering and/or mining industry preferred.
- Must have experience working with an established style guide.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word 2010.
- Must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top