- Chandler, AZ
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Using a combination of technical and functional system knowledge rooted in a disciplined approach, the Technical Analyst resolves Tier 2 and Tier 3 incidents/problems and creates system solutions to improve operations and implement operational development initiatives. The Technical Analyst maintains an in-depth understanding of the functional configuration, system flows, technical architecture and development & extensibility options and works collaboratively with Business Analysts, Functional Analysts, Database Administrators, Software Developers and external vendors to develop technical solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Resolve technical problems effectively and efficiently working with internal functional and software development teams, and external vendors to identify root causes and solutions.
- Maintain an understanding of the functional configuration and system flows that underpin an application to deliver functionality to the business.
- Log service requests with vendors and coordinate diagnostics, requested actions and testing with functional teams.
- Identify and implement system process improvements leveraging the software, best practices, automation, innovation and technology upgrades.
- Review the technical documents for accuracy.
- Prepare SQL database queries to assist in data analysis, data clean up and updates.
- Contribute to the creation of Support Design Specification and Support Supplement Documents.
- Work collaboratively with functional analysts to design and develop operational solutions requiring technical configurations and extensions.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as required by the business.
- Perform mass data updates / migrations with any of the available tools including Oracle APIs, WebADIs, data pump, custom procedures or Application out-of-box functionalities.
- Work with the functional analyst to design, develop and maintain Excel Visual Basic Applications for reporting purposes.
- Adhere to Stantec's Solution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Management procedures.
- Lead or assist with day-to-day service delivery issues and processes as required.
- Work with project teams to understand the concepts and technical infrastructure of the to-be implemented modules/functionalities and create / document operations procedures.
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Strong communication skills with a professional demeanor.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and system troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of data model and system flows for one or more application domains.
- Experience developing and supporting technical solutions and reports for Oracle Fusion Cloud
- Experience developing and supporting technical solutions for supplier and procurement systems.
- Knowledge of Oracle Ebusiness Projects and Financials Applications
- Experience with system development and testing methodologies and tools such as HP Quality Center
- Experience with ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Strong understanding of Oracle Applications Technical Architecture and Application Object Library (AOL).
- Experience in using Oracle Self Service Support and working with Oracle representatives to find solutions for Oracle Applications issues.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database and PL/SQL, Oracle Application Express, Oracle Jdeveloper, Forms, Workflow, BI Publisher
- Familiarity with Oracle Data Migration tools and methodologies
- Experience in Oracle E-Business Suite Application System Administration which includes user. security (user, responsibilities, menus, functions change/additions), profile management, printer management, and concurrent manager maintenance.
- Experience in software versioning and revision control system.
- Ability to respond to on call issues.
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related program.
- 3-5 years of experience in a related role.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Application and Systems Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, United States-Arizona-Chandler
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000RO
Back to top