Team Lead, Sustainable Development
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec's California based Sustainable Solutions team is a collaborative and creative group of multi-disciplinary sustainability and energy management professionals. We provide professional consulting services that support high quality and high performance projects in the built environment.
Our service areas include Sustainability Planning, Green Buildings, Performance Engineering, and Building Science. We work with public and private sector clients in the community development, commercial, health care, education, institutional and airport sectors in communities across North America and around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior consulting professional with specialized expertise in integrated design, green building, and sustainable urban development to grow Stantec's sustainability solutions brand through increased service offerings on the US west coast. The successful candidate will also contribute technically to our team's existing portfolio of existing Green Building and LEED projects, and will contribute to community scale and resource management consulting assignments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop clients in sustainability and bring in work for the Sustainable Solutions team.
- Manage and deliver projects and programs.
- Develop marketing strategies, business plans, and proposals.
- Identify strategies and solutions for clients that improve the performance and sustainability of the built environment.
- Interpret trends and statistics.
- Collaborate within a team setting as a team player to influence design and optimize project results. Life cycle cost analysis and cost-benefit analyses.
- Contribute to the green building certification process on projects across all studios (e.g. LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Envision, LBC). Knowledge of each rating system is critical.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and/or design teams.
- Mentor and develop junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong background in urban sustainability issues with an understanding of land development, infrastructure and resource management processes.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver persuasive and compelling presentations.
- Strong technical report writing and proposal development skills.
- Ability to think broadly across several focus areas and bring together an optimized solution.
- Analytical thinking to draw sensible conclusions from own work and communicate these clearly to others.
- Detailed knowledge of the LEED rating systems and / or other sustainability rating system programs
- Working knowledge of sustainable design and alternative energy strategies for buildings and communities.
- Familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience with simulation software: IES , eQUEST, TRNSYS, EE4, DOE-2, and/or EnergyPlus.RETScreen, Radiance, HAP, TRACE, and/or Hot2000 experience an asset.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering or Architecture or related field. Minimum of 10 years of related experience. Green Building certifications in current standing: LEED AP BD C, WELL AP at minimum, LEED O M highly encouraged.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Sustainability Consultant
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002OV
Back to top