Team Lead, Leave of Absence Administration
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead, Leave of Absence Administration to be based in either Edmonton, AB or Phoenix, AZ office. Responsible for the administration for Stantec's Leave of Absence processes. This position is the key facilitator and collaborative resource for managers, employees, payroll and human resource partners to support a timely and successful transition from a disability-related leave back into the workplace. The Team Lead provides guidance and training on Stantec's Return to Work policies and procedures. Supervises, coaches and mentors.
- This position is also responsible for compiling, analyzing and reporting on relevant metrics;
- Processes and manages all active cases from inception to completion across North America;
- Investigates, researches and provides guidance for resolution of complex issues to minimize employee and/or business impact; determines appropriate steps for each case and engages all essential stakeholders including liaising with vendors, legal counsel, supervisors, and Regional HR on return to work or modification/accommodation plans.
- Ensures that communications are timely and comply with applicable regulatory requirements;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of processes and utilization; drives continuous improvement. Captures and tracks data; formulates recommendations for future best practices including cost reduction;
- Develops, leads, coaches, mentors team members;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned;
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health or a related field and 5-6 years of experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Bilingual in French and English preferred;
- 3-5 years' Supervisory experience;
- Prior experience specific to disability claims management or worker's compensation and/or return to work processes is required.
- Knowledge of Provincial, State and Federal jurisdictional laws, legislation, rules and regulations for North America required (including OAS, CHRC, CPP, CLC, PIPEDA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, FML/FMLA, USERRA, ADA, Section 125, worker's compensation, Medicare, Social Security, Employment Standards and DOL requirements); multi-national knowledge preferred.
- A proven ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion and sound judgment.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top