Team Lead, Integrity
Your Opportunity Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team partners with clients to provide engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM), permitting, survey, and environmental services across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry. We design facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like processing plants and field facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop new and inventive ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Explore your career options with us.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead, Integrity to join our Oil & Gas group in the Edmonton office.
The primary role of the Team Lead - Integrity is to organize and manage existing Integrity business with Edmonton based clients as well as establish and grow business with new sectors or clients. The role will require effective project and resource planning for asset integrity programs such as: corrosion assessments of pipelines and pressure equipment, engineering assessments, regulatory and compliance support for integrity programs, inspection program planning and data analysis, and fitness for service assessments.
The responsibilities of the Team Lead fall into three (3) categories: technical, leadership/project administration, and business development. The relative amount of these categories will vary, depending upon project workload.
Your Duties Technical:
- Understanding of asset integrity plans including failure modes and inspection and remediation options
- Project management of the integrity data analysis
- Supervise fitness for service assessments
- Develop integrity management strategies and review/audit existing plans
- Utilize applicable research and development advancements to add value to projects
- Strengthen technical knowledge through on-the-job, informal and formal training
- Provide Leadership to the team
- Project scoping, budgeting and schedule development
- Tracking project progress and reporting progress to division manager and clients
- Resource planning and forecasts for project execution (minimizing non chargeable time)
- Support annual reviews and career development planning of team members
- Mentor team personnel technically and administratively
- Be familiar with, and ensure appropriate reference material is utilized at all times
- Ensure project deliverables are properly prepared, checked, reviewed and approved for submittal
- Liaise with Integrity Team Leaders and other Stantec service leaders
- Compliance with Stantec's EH&S program, with a focus on field safety
- Maintain positive relationships with existing clients
- Support divisional marketing effort and assist in growth of Integrity Division
- Prepare Integrity proposals
- Develop growth opportunities based on continuous technical improvement
- Establish new client contacts via participation in key industry events (ie. NACE Events, Workshops, conferences, etc)
- Build relationships with Stantec peer leaders in other sectors
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Relevant engineering degree or diploma
- P. Eng. status recognized by APEGA or P.Tech. (Eng.) status recognized by ASET with the appropriate practical experience and qualifications recognized by NACE, ASM, API
- 10+ years related to asset integrity experience within the Canadian oil and gas industry
- Experienced with Canadian and/or U.S. standards, practices and applicable legislation, such as CSA Z662, Alberta Pipeline Act and Regulations, API, ASME and U.S. DOT
- Technical proficiency in conducting regulatory audits, engineering assessments, corrosion and risk assessments
- Technical aptitude for developing Integrity management programs, specifications and guidelines, and operation maintenance manuals
- Experience leading a team
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven project management experience (managing multiple small projects simultaneously)
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership and self-motivation
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top