Team Lead Geotechnical Engineering
- Ottawa, Canada
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Are you a highly effective business leader with extensive geotechnical engineering experience? Are you an entrepreneur-type personality who thrives in fast-paced environments and who likes to achieve nothing but the best? Then come join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
Our Ottawa, ON office is seeking a highly connected and enthusiastic Engineering Leader with extensive geotechnical / materials consulting experience to build relationships internally and externally and use your engineering expertise, client relationship and account management experience to grow opportunities within our expanding team and organization.
In this position you will be working in a true partnership with local and national business leaders and will collaborate with the leaders in other groups, including but not limited to Environmental Services, Mining, Power, Oil & Gas, Buildings, Infrastructure to optimize integrated business planning and client management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts and proposals;
- Lead the Geotechnical Engineering Ottawa team and be responsible for resource management processes, recruitment, career development, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development;
- Work with other business developers, practitioners, and marketing teams within Stantec to assist in growing the Geotechnical business;
- Promoting business collaboration initiatives, working with other Business Lines to ensure a "We are better together" approach is taken with regards to client management and targeted opportunities and projects
- Develop and steward marketing and business development plans, budgets, and key performance indicators. Assist in the development of the annual business plan and budget for the group;
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor /teaming partners, and potential recruits;
- Attend selected conferences and maintain active memberships in associations (such as local geotechnical associations, Canadian Geotechnical Association, and other related associations deemed beneficial to the group);
- Promote compliance with our Health and Safety Policy.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the Land Development and Infrastructure sectors especially within the Ontario North & East region. In particular a thorough understanding of the key business and project drivers for developing opportunities.
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base within a client account management framework. Such experience within a consulting organization is considered a strong asset.
- Previous success in development and executing customer and market segment strategic plans is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering high quality presentations.
- The ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Education and Experience
Post-graduate degree, or a B.Sc. with at least 10 years professional geotechnical/materials engineering experience including demonstrated business leadership roles with an engineering consulting firm. Experience of a matrix organization would be considered advantageous.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000KZ
Back to top