Team Lead - Geomatics
Your Opportunity: The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Our Regina or Saskatoon office has an immediate opportunity for a Team Lead to join our Geomatics Team.
Your Duties: The successful candidate will lead and grow the Geomatics team operating from either our Regina or Saskatoon, Saskatchewan office(s) by working closely with our leaders in other Saskatchewan based practices to perform local and province wide projects, win new work, and strengthen the relationship of existing clients. The position will also work in concert with key Geomatics leaders in other Canadian locations to coordinate large-scale project work and facilitate resource sharing.
Duties will include:
- Business development and client maintenance.
- Develop team members in various aspects of geomatics field.
- Collaboration with key leaders in many other business units.
- Project management and financial oversight of local geomatics work.
- Supervision and leadership of office and field staff.
- Recruitment and hiring of key staff.
- Assisting in the development of the group's strategic business plan.
- Taking professional responsibility for managed survey work.
- Development, support and ongoing improvement of efficient survey, field-to-office, and office-to-field workflows.
- Ensuring that state-of-the-art technology is used to improve quality and efficiency.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and capabilities:
- Must be entrepreneurial with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the Land Surveying profession.
- Strong business development and client maintenance skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity, including directing workloads, developing staff and completing performance assessments.
- Strong project management skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
- Commitment to personal improvement and team excellence
- Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Engineering or another related discipline
- Professional Land Survey license in Province of Saskatchewan
- Canada Lands licenses or other provincial licenses is a plus.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top