System Center Service Manager (SCSM)Administrator
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for a System Center Service Manager (SCSM) Administrator to join our SCSM Support Team. This individual will work with the SCSM Support Team to administer, support, optimize, and develop our enterprise Service Management Portals, which includes a process of continuous improvement and enhancements to meet changing needs and requirements.
Our Service Management Portals are built using Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM 2016) and Cireson Service Management products and applications.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Development, configuration, customization, and enhancements of the Service Management Portal environments.
- Develop and deploy workflows for common processes within SCSM using System Center Orchestrator.
- Provide support and direction for disaster recovery plans needed to support the Service Management Portal environments.
- Work with IT teams to ensure the stable operation, availability, and reliability of Stantec's server infrastructure used to support our Service Management Portal environments.
- Participates in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning of the Service Management Portal environments
- Assesses need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and executes them if required.
- Develop scripts for reporting and monitoring as required using Microsoft PowerShell and Power BI.
- Create documentation covering all aspects of support including Instruction Sets and Work Plans, End-User documentation, and Business Communications.
- Interact with business owners and business analysts to analyze and assist with developing solutions and workflows for the Service Management Portals.
- Interact with application vendors for support issues and resolutions.
- Support corporate policies, procedures and best practices.
- Interact with end user or helpdesk personal to resolve issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Hands-on experience with Service Manager (SCSM) and Orchestrator.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell scripting and Power BI.
- Experience with Windows 2016.
- Experience and knowledge of SCCM and SCOM 2016.
- Strong software and hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of Cireson Service Management applications is considered an asset.
- Experience with SQL Databases is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary education in IT or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting enterprise applications, preferably Service Management applications (Remedy, ServiceNow, other), as well as server experience in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Microsoft System Center components, or equivalent education & experience.
Work outside of regular business hours may be required. Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 20000057
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top