Sustainability Team Lead, Buildings
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec's Toronto based Sustainable Solutions team is a collaborative and dynamic group of multidisciplinary sustainability and energy management professionals. We provide professional consulting in support of high quality and high performance projects, including performance engineering, LEED facilitation, energy management, renewable energy design, and energy simulation services. We work with a diverse group of clients and project types in the health care, education, institutional, airport, commercial, and community development sectors.
We are looking for a self-motivated Leader with specialized expertise in LEED Facilitation. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and mentorship to a wide range of green building and sustainable design projects, and will help solidify and grow our performance engineering team in Toronto and throughout North America.
Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development of processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide unique capabilities covering each of the major engineering and performance engineering services. Focused on providing the most efficient solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Inspire, manage, and retain a team of professionals, and attract new talent to the team
- Be a champion for the team inside and outside
- Supervise and mentor the team members in project execution
- Oversee and participate in the career development of the team
- Facilitation of LEED, WELL, and other benchmarks on projects
- Provide wide-ranging and innovative sustainability consulting advice that differentiates Stantec's offering from the competition
- Project management of sustainability projects
- Preparation and review of reports and LEED submissions
- Identify and pursue funding streams for creativity and innovation for suitable projects.
- Support specific sales, proposal, and project efforts, with a focus on the growth of the Sustainable Solutions group
- Develop new business within the discipline and across the Buildings line when required
- Grow our top-line revenue, especially with key clients
- Nurture and maintain key client relationships, cultivating a "trusted partner" status
- Manage the operational and financial performance of teams or work groups
- Consistently meet a variety of key performance indicators and performance targets for their group
- Maintain the group's bottom-line targets
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent people, team management, and mentoring skills
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous leadership or management experience
- Passionate about sustainable design and energy efficiency
- Knowledge of architecture and building construction, HVAC, lighting systems, and building control systems
- WELL AP, Passive house, or other similar certification is desirable but not essential
- Experience in building energy efficiency
- Experience in alternative energy including any of the following technologies: solar thermal, solar PV, wind, geo-exchange, cogeneration, district energy, biomass, and ocean energy
- Experience in the analysis of carbon management, GHG/emissions quantification or verification
- Ability to help architectural, civil, structural, ICT, mechanical and other disciplines to integrate sustainability into the design to deliver a coordinated design.
- Good knowledge of applicable codes and standards relevant to Ontario and Canada.
- Conversant in other languages such as French is desirable but not essential
Education and Experience
Minimum 10 years' experience in a Sustainability Consulting environment, preferably with experience of the North American market
Green Building certification credentials - LEED Accreditation at minimumProject management skills
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Sustainability Consultant
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900009C
Back to top