Surveying Instrument Person
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
We provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data.
You will work with direct supervision and general direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Surveyor. You will perform surveying, mapping and data collection activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Independently performs surveying assignments, making exact measurements, and providing data relevant to the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimension of land or land features.
- Operates and maintains all instruments and measuring devices including levels, robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors.
- Transfers survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use.
- Loads vehicles with tools and equipment, ensuring materials are loaded correctly.
- May be required to drive company or personal vehicle to reach jobsites.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- May assist in preparation of survey drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Act as Junior Party Chief when necessary.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of surveying.
- Requires ability to work well in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Requires basic math skills.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
Position will primarily be field work and may require travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Instrument Person
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180001J9
Back to top