Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
We provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data.
You will work with direct supervision and general direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Surveyor. You will perform surveying, mapping and data collection activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produces basic CAD drawings on assigned projects including boundary, topographic, land title surveys and tree surveys.
- Assists in reviews and processes the results of field surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land features.
- Loads vehicles with tools and equipment, ensuring materials are loaded correctly.
- May be required to drive company or personal vehicle to reach jobsites.
- Researches survey records and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries and areas to be surveyed and coordinates findings with the work of engineers, clients and others involved in projects.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Verifies the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Prepares data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of field survey methods and calculations.
- Working knowledge of local survey laws, rules, and regulations.
- Developing understanding of field instrumentation, GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Good cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Good math skills, including algebra and trigonometry.
- Working knowledge of CAD standards and relevant software programs including AutoCAD Cilvil3D, MicroStation, Trimble Business Center, and related software.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Survey Technician
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000C5
Back to top