Strong communities don't just happen - they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned and ready to face tomorrow with optimism. That's why at Stantec, we take our promise to design with community in mind straight to the heart of cities and towns all over the world. Whether we're bringing new life to an urban center, transforming a brownfield site into a valuable asset or developing a new place for families to grow, we balance the needs of today with a passion for tomorrow.
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
You will perform public record research and calculations to resolve property boundaries and rights of way; will review survey technician's work and assist a project manager on various sized survey projects. You will assist in crew scheduling for crews and help prepare crews for their field work and assist and/or prepare construction staking calculations and reports as needed. You may be required to work in the field on occasion and make sure equipment is maintained, repaired and calibrated as needed.
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of land surveying to assist the project team in the preparation of accurate, complete, and value-added survey work products.
- Assists in the preparation of data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Reviews and processes the results of field surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land features.
- Assists with the preparation of survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, abstracting title data, and record drawings research.
- Performs surveying tasks on assigned projects and verifies the accuracy of field survey data and required applications.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of relevant technical software, including AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation, GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Utilizes relevant software programs to assist with the preparation of simple exhibits to complex working drawings as directed.
- Knowledge of state and local laws, surveying principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Developing written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying or related field.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Survey Technician
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003HO
Back to top