- Honolulu, HI
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They are creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We are driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We are a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is looking for a Survey Technician/Land Surveyor to join our Community Development group in Honolulu, HI. We provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data.
You will work with direct supervision and general direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Party Chief. You will perform surveying, mapping and data collection activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Independently performs surveying assignments, making accurate measurements, and providing data relevant to the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimension of land or land features.
- Operates and maintains instruments and measuring devices including levels, Trimble robotic total stations, GPS equipment and data collectors.
- Transfers survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use.
- Loads vehicles with tools and equipment, ensuring materials are loaded correctly.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- May assist in preparation of survey drawings using AutoCAD or GIS software.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong mathematical skills required.
- Good communication abilities required.
- Solid computer skills and basic understanding of MicroSoft computer applications.
- Experience with field survey equipment required.
- Experience with CAD and survey software preferred.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required as driving company vehicles is a requirement of the job.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, you will be required to pass a drug screening.
- Preferred experience with 3D laser scanning and GIS systems.
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) experience preferred.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in Land Surveying, Geomatics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Survey Technician
Primary Location: United States-Hawaii-Honolulu
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000015D
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top