Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties: Position Overview
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Survey Technician to join our team in San Antonio, Texas (located at 70 NE Loop 410). The Survey Technician reviews and processes the results of field surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land features. This position works under the direction of a Registered Professional Land Surveyor on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Produce CAD drawings on a large number of concurrent projects, to include title, topo and tree surveys, coordinate control plans, and subdivision plats.
- Search legal and survey records and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries and areas to be surveyed.
- Verify the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Prepare preliminary descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases or other legal documents
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineers, clients and others involved in projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Education/Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of related survey experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong mathematical background, including algebra and trigonometry.
- Experience with the San Antonio and South Texas area strongly preferred.
- SIT license preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Experience with MicroStation, Trimble TBC and Leica Geomatics a plus.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top