- Ann Arbor, MI
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Our team supports both our in-house water/wastewater design teams and our public and private sector clients, offering a full range of survey services including boundary surveying, topographic mapping, construction layout, control surveys, route surveys, as-builts, and more. Stantec is a place where we measure project and career success in some of the most rewarding ways possible, and offer career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses basic knowledge of relevant areas of surveying.
- Assists the survey team in preparing CAD drawings, reviewing, and processing the results of field surveys, and verifying the accuracy of field survey data.
- Communicates effectively members of the team and follows standard procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of survey methods and calculations.
- Developing knowledge of CAD software and Standards.
- Demonstrates strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Survey Technician
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000MB
Back to top