Survey Party Chief Technician
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geomatics has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Survey Party Chief in Ottawa. Tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Site control; boundary reconnaissance
- Construction staking
- Topographic surveys; and other surveying services in support of engineering work
- You will be required to prepare field notes and exhibits
- Review field notes for completeness and clarity
- Performing construction staking calculations for improvements and utilities
- Scheduling, budgeting, and client/contractor interaction for surveying projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in the field as a survey technician/technologist
- Experience using Trimble total stations and GPS receivers required
- Experience in land boundary and construction staking a plus
- Experience in Civil 3D and, or Land Development Desktop preferred.
- Experience with Trimble Business Center a plus
- Must have a good driving record and Valid Drivers License
- Must be able and comfortable performing field survey tasks
- Ability to gather and organize survey research and records
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and construction documents
- Ability to prepare calculations, alignments, and instructions for field work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with a project team.
Back to top