Survey Crew Chief
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter. Your Opportunity Our Charlotte, NC office has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief to join our Community Development Group! Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter. This role will be responsible for directing the field activities of the survey crew in an efficient manner while providing a high quality work product.
The Survey Crew Chief will be required to work with and manage a two and three person survey crew performing field surveying operations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You should be able to understand and operate as necessary total stations with electronic data collectors.
- Some survey tasks will include boundary retracement and control surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys, civil design and transportation design surveys, vertical control surveys, subdivision property layout, as-built surveys, construction layout and commercial development surveys.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Trimble Robotic survey instruments and Trimble GPS equipment is desirable
- Ability to work out of town, sometimes overnight for several days
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Possess the ability to safely perform physically demanding work in all weather conditions. (work in rugged terrain, lift and carry 50 lbs., operate jack hammer, sledgehammer, etc.)
High School diploma or GED
6 plus years surveying experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory role as a Crew Chief / Party Chief
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top