Survey Crew Chief
Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Raleigh, NC office has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief within our Community Development Group!
Your Duties: The Survey Crew Chief will be required to work with and manage a two and three person survey crew performing field surveying operations. Some survey task will include boundary retracement and control surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys, civil design and transportation design surveys, vertical control surveys, subdivision property layout, as-built surveys, construction layout and commercial development surveys.
This role will be responsible for directing the field activities of the survey crew in an efficient manner while providing a high quality work product. You should be able to understand and operate as necessary total stations with electronic data collectors. Trimble Robotic survey instruments and Trimble GPS equipment is desirable.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- High School Education, 6 plus years experience.
- Ability to work out of town, staying in hotels or company house when required.
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record in order for Company to obtain continued insurance coverage.
- Ability to walk on/through rugged terrain (i.e., hills, underbrush, wade through creeks, etc.); ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. as required while walking on rugged terrain;
- Ability to operate jack hammer, 12 lb. sledgehammer, claw hammer, hatchets, cut-off saw and up to a 40-pound bar and requires the ability to bend and lift.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top