Survey Crew Chief
- Charlotte, NC
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Our Charlotte, NC office has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief within our Community Development Group. The successful candidate will assist in providing our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services in support of registered land surveyors and civil engineers. The position will work on a variety of average sized projects under the guidance of a Senior Surveyor.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proficient in operating surveying equipment and data collectors/platforms.
- Directs and conducts field surveys for projects.
- Supervises survey field crew, ensures completion dates and budgets are met, and ensures consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Performs accurate measurements and calculations in recording field data using instruments and measuring devices.
- May assist in preparation of survey drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Transfers survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use.
- Drives company or personal vehicle to reach jobsites.
- Ensures surveys are compliant with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Identifies hazardous situations and applies company safety procedures.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Well-developed understanding of field survey methods and calculations.
- Solid understanding of local survey laws, rules, and regulations.
- Experience performing field boundary, topographic, land title surveys, and construction staking.
- Strong skills in time management, organization, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to use GPS, data collectors, total stations, robotics, and relevant survey equipment.
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Availability to travel out of town and overnight when needed.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily be field work and may require travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Crew Chief
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000EL
Back to top