Survey Crew Chief
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties We are currently looking for a Survey Crew Chief to work in Minnesota from the Rochester office.
- Staking of construction sites included, but not limited to preliminary survey, record plan survey, right-of-way staking, utility staking, staking of streets and structures
- Operation of complex surveying equipment for construction surveys
- Download data and perform basic survey calculations
- Review plans, stakes related projects and reviews the plans for errors or potential conflicts
- Maintain detailed field notes and record and prepare a variety of reports, correspondence and other written records
- Assist with ensuring that surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Investigate, locate, identify and advise or recommend the acceptability of survey data
- Research engineering plans and maps, field notes and archival records regarding sites to be surveyed
- Prepare paperwork related to construction staking and miscellaneous survey projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Two year degree in Civil Technology/ Surveying or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of related survey experience
- CST-III certification is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD to perform in a supporting role to Engineers and Senior Designers for drafting and project plan preparation is preferred
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top