Survey Crew Chief
Your Opportunity: The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Our Fort McMurray office has an immediate opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief within our Geomatics Group.
Your Duties: Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Carrying out all aspects of construction and topographic surveys.
• Working with our office support team, Project Managers and Alberta Land Surveyors.
• Maintaining a Company vehicle and Company issued survey equipment.
• Supervision of one or more survey assistants.
• Adherence to Company safety policies.
• Internal or external training as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: As a successful candidate, you:
- Possess a diploma in Geomatics Engineering Technology (or equivalent) from a recognized institution.
- Will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with municipal contract services, and with topographic surveys and construction stakeout.
- Possess strong technical and mathematical skills.
- Oilfield experience an asset.
- Have familiarity with construction drawings and terminology
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Possess the ability to safely perform physically demanding work (including lifting up to 40 lbs.) in a variety of natural and construction environments in all weather conditions.
- Proficiency with Trimble GPS and Trimble Total Stations is preferred.
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator's License must be maintained and is a condition of employment.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top