Survey Crew Chief
The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data.
Our Charlotte, NC office has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief to join our Community Development Group! Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
This role will be responsible for directing the field activities of the survey crew in an efficient manner while providing a high quality work product. The Survey Crew Chief will be required to work with and manage a two and three person survey crew performing field surveying operations.
You should be able to understand and operate as necessary total stations with electronic data collectors. Some survey tasks will include boundary retracement and control surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys, civil design and transportation design surveys, vertical control surveys, subdivision property layout, as-built surveys, construction layout and commercial development surveys.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 plus years surveying experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory role as a Crew Chief / Party Chief
- Trimble Robotic survey instruments and Trimble GPS equipment is desirable
- Ability to work out of town, sometimes overnight for several days
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Possess the ability to safely perform physically demanding work in all weather conditions. (work in rugged terrain, lift and carry 50 lbs., operate jack hammer, sledgehammer, etc.)
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 6
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top