Survey CAD Technologist - Geomatics
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Stantec is currently seeking an experienced, Survey CAD Technologist to work in our Land Survey/Geomatics group in Red Deer, Alberta.
Your Duties: The successful candidate's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and draft legal survey plans.
- Quality Control of survey field data and plans.
- Liaise with the drafting coordinators of the other disciplines in the region.
- Participate in design and preparation of engineering drawings using the appropriate internal and external standards.
- Preparing plan, section, detail, schematic and construction drawings using Civil 3D, AutoCad, and Trimble.
- Coordination of project drawings with Project Managers, CAD staff and others.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Subdivision, roadways, rights of way and municipal survey design.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A Diploma in Computer Aided Design and Drafting Technology or Civil Engineering Technology from an ASET accredited college.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience using AutoCAD and Land Development Desktop.
- Survey experience/knowledge is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in subdivision, roadways, rights of way and municipal survey design experience.
- Preference will be given to those candidates certified with the Alberta Association of Surveying and Mapping Technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and consistently demonstrate a willingness to strive for excellence
- Experience in reading and interpreting construction plans, legal drawings and Land Titles documents.
- A willingness to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top