Your Opportunity: The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Our Red Deer office has an immediate opportunity for a Survey Assistant within our Geomatics Group.
Your Duties: Working under the supervision of a survey crew chief the successful individual will be responsible for performing duties in support of construction and land surveying activities which include:
- Assist with staking of right-of ways, preliminary surveys, record plan surveys, utility staking and road construction staking.
- Maintain and operate survey equipment.
- Inventories and restocks the survey vehicle with materials each day.
- Sets up traffic safety and control devices at the work site to ensure the safety of the crew.
- Transport survey equipment on the job site.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Physically able to work on construction sites in all types of weather conditions.
- Possession of the following Safety Tickets: First-Aid, WHMIS.
- Knowledge of general survey procedures.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Ability to travel out of town for periods of time as required.
- Valid class 5 driver's license and clean driver's abstract.
- Geomatics or Civil Diploma or equivalent experiencing work in the field is not a requirement, but would be considered an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top