- Reno, NV
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
Stantec's Survey group in Reno, NV is seeking a Survey Analyst. The ideal candidate will have a blending of work-related experience specifically to civil and survey projects with a strong understanding of survey practices. Knowledge of the technical requirements of surveying is optimum and candidates with a strong understanding of boundary law and data processing are strongly encouraged to apply. The ability to work in a technology driven profession and provide outstanding customer service is desireded.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work as a member of a survey crewperforming construction stakeout and associated preliminary topographicsurveys, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveys forpublic and private clients.
- Set-up and operate survey equipment,including total-station, data-collector, level, and G.P.S.
- Perform minor survey calculations
- Perform all aspects of stakeout andlocations surveys using applicable survey equipment.
- Maintain survey equipment used andkeep survey truck stocked with necessary supplies and tools.
- Make accuracy and calibration checks andadjustments on equipment used.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiarity with field procedures for performing boundary, topographic, ALTA/ACSM land title surveys.
- Must have the ability to work outside in all seasons and under various environmental conditions.
- Be able to carry heavy weights such as survey equipment, concrete monuments, iron pins.
- Good communication abilities required.
- Solid computer skills and basic understanding of Microsoft office applications.
- Highly assertive and works well under pressure.
- Can work well as part of a larger team.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record required.
- Travel may be required and must have the ability to work long hours for extended periods.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience as a Land Survey or Land Survey Technician
- LSIT preferred but not required
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Survey Analyst
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Reno
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003L2
Back to top