Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter. Your Opportunity Our Raleigh office is looking to add to our dynamic survey team. The SUE manager's primary purpose is to work with the assigned SUE Coordinator in the daily operations of designating and locating sub-surface utilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage and schedule SUE field crews and provide quality control for all SUE deliverables
- Understands and applies the appropriate procedures to complete various types of SUE and utility locating projects in a professional manner.
- Must have experience in operating radio-frequency electromagnetic pipe and cable locators and ground penetrating radar (GPR) systems for designating subsurface utilities
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to establish a program to train junior SUE staff
- Perform and document field and office work for SUE projects
- Provide exceptional customer service
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to travel
- Experience with GPR and Land Surveying equipment a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of SUE experience with 2 years of Crew managing experience.
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work out of town at times.
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude.
- Good organization skills.
- CAD experience a plus.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top