Substation Physical Electrical Engineer (EIT)
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our Wyomissing, PA office is looking to fill the role of Substation Physical Electrical Engineer (EIT).
Your Key Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for developing all aspects of HV substation Physical engineering design.
- The successful candidate must have experience in the areas of AIS/GIS substation engineering & design from the 25kV to 500kV levels, as well as an understanding of substation components, development of single line diagrams, substation layout and related electrical studies (clearance, grounding, isolation etc.), rigid bus design, work planning, coordination, reporting, cost estimating.
Your Credentials and Capabilities
- Preparing Electrical Physical design packages consists of Oneline, Site Plan, Bus Plan & Sections, Grounding Plan & Details, Conduit Plan & Details, Duct Plan & Detail, Control House Plan, Control House Grounding Plan & Details, Lighting Plan, Lightening Protection Plan & Bill of material (BOM)
- Coordination between other disciplines
- Performing Grounding, Busbar , Lighting & lightening/Shielding studies
- Working under direction of senior engineer
- Able to demonstrate solid technical ability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and develop strong relationship with team
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks - Ability to manage and deliver Physical Engineering deliverables as per project schedule and with in budget
- Providing progress update related to his/her deliverables on project
- Registered or eligible to become registered as a Engineer In Training (EIT)
- Ability to work closely with Senior Engineer /Leads to meet with project time lines for engineering deliverables
- Ability to understand Client specific requirements (Standards & Specs) and Applicable Regulations for preparing Physical electrical packages for different clients
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 2 to 5 year experience utility GIS/AIS HV substation design
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: MIG-32632
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top