Substation Physical Designer
Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties: We are currently looking for Substation Physical Designer located in our Jacksonville, FL or Lake Mary, FL office. This individual will work in a project team environment with engineers and other designers involved in substation design, from 4kV up to 345kV. Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) and Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS), indoor and outdoor.
Duties include preparing the following typical substation designs and drawings:
- Substation Electrical Equipment Plans
- Substation General Arrangement
- Substation Section Views (Elevations) and Bill of Material
- Substation Conduit, Electrical Connection and Grounding Details
- Substation Lightning Stroke Shielding Plan
- Substation Lighting Plan
- Substation Grounding Plan
- Substation Below Grade Conduit/Raceway Plan
- Control Building Equipment
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- At least 3 years electrical substation physical design experience
- Associate's Degree in drafting or equivalent technical experience required
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Ability to visualize Equipment Details, Phase to Ground and Phase to Phase Clearances
- Ability to multi-task from project to project
- Must have a valid US driver's license and good driving record
- Great verbal and written communications needed
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top