Your Opportunity An opportunity exists in our Windsor, ON office for an intermediate level Structural/Architectural Technologist to become part of a dynamic group providing professional services to our clients in the Water sector. You will work as part of a team, and will be responsible for production of technical drawings, from initial planning to design and construction for primarily environmental infrastructure facilities, using REVIT and AutoCAD.
The ideal candidate will have a principal understanding of structural engineering concepts and systems, have solid technical abilities, be a skilled problem solver with attention to detail, and strong communication skills. You must have successfully completed a related engineering diploma program from an accredited post-secondary institution.
Your Duties The individual will be a self-starter and expected to work independently on projects as a member of an interdisciplinary design team.
- Prepare contract drawings, details and sketches from conceptual design, through tender to construction documents.
- Producing aspects of structural/architectural design and drawings in REVIT or AutoCAD
- Organizing and maintaining a design and REVIT digital file database for each project.
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of the drawings and graphic work produced for the team.
- Communicating with other team members during the REVIT model production.
- Understanding REVIT file structures and modifications to files for exchanges with other team members.
- Creating and understanding custom blocks (Families) using REVIT software
- Ensure REVIT and CAD standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production.
- Coordinate project with client and multidisciplinary design team.
- Work to meet project time lines.
- Perform field verification and measurements and accurately transfer this information to the drawings.
- Conduct site observation and/or inspection activities during design or construction phases of the project.
- Assist in the tender and construction process through the review of submittals, shop drawings and RFIs.
- Keep up-to-date on new products, technologies, design processes and drafting techniques.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diploma from a recognized civil or architectural engineering technology program.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience using Autodesk REVIT software and AutoCad in the preparation, drafting, and design of engineering drawings for a variety of structures including structural steel, concrete and masonry framed systems.
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and/or BIM/REVIT
- Strong attention to detail and experience with structural steel and concrete detailing is essential.
- Experience with building design codes and the Ontario Building Code is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a "team player" approach to design and problem solving.
- Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top