Structural Technologist - BIM
Your Opportunity: Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. Together, with the disciplines of architecture and engineering (mechanical, electrical and structural), we are passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are intelligent, sustainable and award winning. At Stantec we recognize the multi-disciplinary value of effective integration of our design processes and tools in creating high-performance, fiscally responsible, award winning facilities. We believe that smarter buildings are the collective result.
Develop your career in a stimulating environment working on interesting and complex projects alongside talented professionals in their field.
Your Duties: Our Edmonton office has an immediate opportunity for a Structural Technologist with Building Information Modelling (REVIT) experience. The successful candidate will work on a range of projects of varying complexity and construction value.
- the ideal candidate will be required to model and detail concrete, steel, masonry and wood building structures
- working on commercial, office, institutional, infrastructure and industrial buildings projects
- project involvement will involve tasks within all design phases through to completion of construction administration
- set up Structural Revit models and work with engineers to produce structural construction documents
- coordinate work with project managers, architects, engineers and technicians of other design disciplines
- pay keen attention to detail while working efficiently
- ensure quality control procedures are implemented
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related buildings technology program (Engineering Design And Drafting Technology / Architectural Technology) with 1-3 years' experience in a structural consulting engineering environment
- Revit (Structure) design experience with buildings projects
- Knowledge of building structural designs, documents and/ or building construction
- Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet deadlines
- Strong initiative and ability to act proactive to identify and solve problems
- Effective communicator with an inquisitive mind
- Proactive and analytical problem solving skills
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who loves challenges, is goal oriented technically proficient and enjoys contributing to the success of the team and project in a progressive work environment.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top