Structural Engineering Team Lead - Buildings
Stantec's Buildings group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design, construction and operations to decommissioning. Our British Columbia Building Business Unit consists of a multidisciplinary team of 360 professional and technical staff who deliver creative, innovative and integrated solutions to meet our clients' needs.
Within the Buildings Practice, we have a diverse group of Project Managers, Engineers, Planners and Technologists who specialize in the planning and design of buildings and infrastructure needs for clients within various sectors, such as airports, civic, commercial, education, healthcare, industrial and science & technology.
Your Duties: Stantec in Kelowna has an immediate opening for a Structural Engineering Team Lead to join our growing team . In this leadership role, you will be accountable for the group's business development and marketing, client relationship development and management, the pursuit and capture of projects, technical excellence in leading major projects and providing team with visions and concepts, working on site to perform field reviews and attend construction site meetings. In addition, you will attract, grow and retain high quality staff and mentor future professionals and leaders in your team. Working closely with the BC Leaders and the Kelowna Buildings Engineering Lead, this is an exceptional career opportunity to utilize your interpersonal and managerial skills to grow the Buildings practice area within the region and lead a team focused on collaboration, integrated design, client service and business success. This is your place to make a difference!
Reporting to the Kelowna Buildings Engineering Lead, the specific responsibilities of this opportunity include:
- Organically grow a structural team within the Kelowna office and develop a structural business presence within the community
- Be responsible for workload and revenue generation for the structural group in Kelowna
- Initiate and meet with clients and other industry professionals to garner new work and maintain relationships
- Direct and guide supervision over structural professional or technical staff
- Lead technical projects and provide the team with vision and concepts for technical solutions
- Act as a Structural Engineer of Record for building structures of all types in sectors listed above.
- Monitor staff utilization and availability, forecast project needs
- Monthly resolution of project financials including work in progress (WIP), accounts receivable (AR) and WIP/AR provisions with Project Managers
- Collaborate with Leadership, Project Managers and Technical Leaders to address personnel or project issues as they arise
- Coordinate with other disciplines and other offices for project delivery and project pursuits
- Promote a healthy environment and safety culture in the team and across the organization
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of new staff including identifying candidates, reviewing résumés and participate in interviews
- Coaching and mentorship to the engineering staff
- Career Development and Performance Reviews for team members
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering (preferably Structural major) with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the buildings and structural engineering field
- Professional Engineer designation in Canada; registration as a P.Eng. with APEGBC preferred
- Previous leadership or people management experience is desirable
- Results-oriented attitude with the ability to excel in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the candidate to meet the expectations of this position
- Self-starter with a desire to succeed, enthusiastic, people-oriented demeanor and with a high degree of integrity
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with and contribute to a larger team
Qualified, motivated and eager candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the "Structural Engineering Team Lead - Buildings" position on www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top