Structural Engineering Intern
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties: This role provides structural engineering support on project teams. A structural engineering co-op/intern is generally a student looking to gain experience in a professional setting during a non-academic semester- typically a duration of up to three months. A structural engineering co-op/intern will perform general tasks under the supervision various structural engineering project team members. Most of their job will be performing task specific items.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Conduct basic calculations and lay outs.
- Utilization of Revit in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components under direction of more senior staff.
- Prepare and revise documentation in various engineering phases including foundation plans, floor framing plans, roof framing plans, elevations, building sections, details and calculations.
- Ability to perform basic calculations and a basic understanding of structural engineering concepts.
- Basic experience with modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit) are preferred.
- Basic experience with design software (Tekla Structures, RAM, Enercalc) are preferred.
- Basic understanding of floor plans, framing plans, and details.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- High School Diploma is required (or equivalent).
- Course work towards completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering or related field of study is required.
- Up to 2 years of related project or internship experience is preferred.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top