We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Structural EIT is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. The Structural EIT will work under close supervision of a Senior Engineer to develop skills in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering systems or products for a project.
A Structural EIT will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the plans and designs of structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, pipelines, tunnels, and other projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of relevant structural engineering elements including the design of roadways, bridges, and transportation structures and facilities
- Assists team in preparing drawings and reports. Conducts basic calculations and performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of highway or bridge design.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of MicroStation and any other relevant design software and knowledge of calculations performed by the software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structures or related field & EIT. Minimum of 0-2 years of experience. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190000V9
Back to top