Structural Engineer/Assistant Team Leader
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's New York City office is seeking a Structural Engineer with experience in inspection, structural evaluation and assessment of buildings, design of new building structures and rehabilitation of existing structures. The individual will be working as an Assistant Team Leader on inspection projects for local agencies including PANYNJ, MTA Metro North Railroad, MTA LIRR, TBTA, and NYCT.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of a Team Leader in the inspection, structural evaluation and assessment of building structures.
- Perform field investigation to determine the conditions of building structures. Buildings are typically located at transportation infrastructure such as airports, railroads, bus terminals, marine ports etc.
- Ability to use aerial lifts, bucket trucks, scaffolds and ladders as needed to reach the structural elements.
- Assist Team Leaders in developing inspection reports and related drawings using MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Perform basic calculations for rehabilitation and component repairs for various building elements and develop drawings for rehabilitation of components.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Engineer-In-training Certification.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in building investigation with knowledge of steel, concrete, masonry and timber construction. Lesser experience will be considered for candidates with Master's degree.
- Ability to develop drawings using AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or Equivalent, Graduate Degree is a plus.
Position will require a minimum 50% field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001IH
Back to top