Structural Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME)
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Senior Structural Engineer is to lead engineering teams on large projects. They will be responsible for preparing designs and ensuring the development and delivery of successful structural projects such as bridges, highway interchanges, roadway reconstruction, subway stations, railroad infrastructure and public spaces.
The Senior Structural Engineer will provide direct supervision; act as an advisor and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
The Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for managing the scope and integration of subcontractors and employees. It is expected that the Senior Structural Engineer supports business development and the delivery of proposals. Under general supervision, plan, design, and direct structural engineering projects. Provides resources and schedules in response to specified completion dates and technical applications. Prepares proposals and cost estimates and evaluates all project progress and recommends changes, if needed, in final procedures.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As part of the owners Infrastructure Team, provide engineering planning, review and oversight during design and construction for new construction, renovation, and expansion projects.
- During the planning & design phases, interface with the owners organisation, design consultants, contractor, projedct managment team and project stakeholders during development of design, comment on design documentation, and provide recommendations on design alternatives for owner decision.
- During construction, coordinate resolution of technical construction issues, review contractor's submittals for conformance with the contract, monitor contractor's activities regarding structural system installation, and supervise structural inspections of installation work.
- Take ownership of the continual review, implementation and assurance processes relating to Structural Engineering design standards
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Management of the design, construction, materials testing of major building construction projects associated with facility structural and enclosure systems. Aviation facility experience desirable but not required.
- Overall working knowledge of facility structural engineering and systems elements.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with stakeholders (owner, service providers, and government) involved in planning, design, construction, testing and turn-over of structural systems.
- Experience in the planning and design of new/ expanded facilities while maintaining operations.
- Ability to obtain airport security badge
- Ability to pass required security background check is required
- Current driver's license
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering or related field; Professional Registration preferred. Minimum 10 years experience in structural engineering design of large building construction and projects.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 19000239
Back to top