Structural Engineer - Senior - Buildings
Your Opportunity: With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in our Buildings Group in Saskatchewan. These buildings include healthcare, education, commercial, and retail projects.
As part of our Buildings Group, the structural group works in a multidisciplinary team of architects, interior designers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and commissioning agents. We work collaboratively with clients to design a diverse range of building types and deliver projects under a variety of contract types. Our collaborative design culture cultivates great design solutions for our clients, and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency.
Stantec has an immediate opening for a Senior Structural Engineer in our Regina office.
- Prepare engineering designs from conceptual design through tender to construction
- Planning and designing concrete, steel, masonry and wood building structures
- Preparation of contract specifications
- Work with team members in determining viable solutions for design challenges
- Work to and meet project time lines and budgets
- Coordinate design work with other disciplines, other offices and other project team members
- Support construction administration personnel including field reviews and co-ordination, review and issuance of change orders, clarifications and RFI responses.
- Provide mentorship to others
- Help grow the structural group in the region and be involved in marketing and business development
- Assist the management team in developing tools and techniques for the execution of daily duties
- Proficiency with structural analysis software required
- Understand and implement Revit and project management processes
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 10+ years of post-graduation experience in detailed design and possess a thorough understanding of the design of various building structures
- Degree with a focus on detailed structural engineering is mandatory
- Experience in design of reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry and wood structures is essential
- Eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer within the Province of Saskatchewan
- Possess extensive knowledge of all relevant structural codes and standards
- Strong leadership, time management, project management, communication and team building skills are an asset
- Working knowledge of Revit fundamentals and processes is considered an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top