Structural Engineer in Training - Entry-Level
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's Mechanicsburg, PA office has an opportunity for a Structural Engineer in Training to join our growing team of transportation professionals servicing state, toll authority, and municipal clients throughout Pennsylvania.
- Working in a team environment while contributing to quality designs and construction contract documents
- Structural design of highway bridges and toll plaza facilities in accordance with specifications including pre-stressed and cast-in-place concrete, steel, and superstructures and concrete abutments and piers founded on shallow and deep foundations
- Construction drawing preparation using CADD
- Analysis/ design of other transportation structures, water resource structures, and miscellaneous structures
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Obtain Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering in December 2017 or sooner
- Interest in working in structural engineering of bridges and other transportation structures
- Micro S tation experience
- Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) certification
- Some bridge design experience
- Knowledge and understanding of AASHTO LRFD bridge design
- Good knowledge of PennDOT design standards
- Basic knowledge of 3D design and visualization
- Basic knowledge of structural analysis/design software, including CSI Bridge
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top