Structural Engineer in Training
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Working with our buildings group in the Raleigh office, you will be able to design everything from high rises to indoor sky diving facilities and high security federal buildings - up and down the east coast and across the rest of the country.
Your Opportunity As a Structural Engineer you will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for a project. You will assist in verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices. Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials
- Performs design for the structural discipline using knowledge of relevant software programs
- Works with other engineering disciplines and professionals in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/designer
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/designer
- Performs calculations to analyze and design individual components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of Revit and AutoCad, and the use of it as a drafting/design tool
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Understanding of structural engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Construction field and/or drafting experience.
- Experience using structural analysis software such as RAM Structural System and/or Staad
Minimum of 0-4 years of experience. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top