Structural Engineer in Training
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec is hiring a Structural Engineer in Training to join our team in Houston, TX and work closely with our Architectural clients and multi-disciplinary professionals and technologists in our Buildings consulting and design practice. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop his/her career in a variety of architectural and buildings projects including educational, institutional, and commercial facilities. They will be involved in the design of a variety of interesting and high profile projects and the delivery of services to our clients.
- Participation in studies and design solutions
- Preparation of engineering drawings and supporting documents
- Multi-disciplinary coordination and client/project design team consultation
- Work with team members in determining viable solutions for design challenges
- Coordinate design work with other disciplines, other offices and other project team members
- Work to meet project time lines and budgets
- Design using structural analysis software
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of post-graduation experience in detailed design and possess a thorough understanding of the design of various building structures.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural engineering from an accredited University.
- Certification of Engineer in Training (EIT) is required.
- Experience in Education projects is considered an asset.
- Strong familiarity with Revit and AutoCAD.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top