Structural Engineer In Training
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career. Stantec is seeking a motivated StructuralEngineer-in-Training to join our highly successful water practice in Surrey, BC. Stantec's Surrey office is conveniently connected and located next to the Gateway Skytrain Station. Surrey, the second largest city in British Columbia, has lots to offer, from its farmlands to its thriving city center.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform structural analysis and design for a variety of concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures.
- Writing and editing technical reports, engineering studies, and technical specifications.
- Support construction projects with field site visits and construction observation duties.
- Coordinate design work with project team members, other disciplines, and other offices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and experience with structural finite element engineering design software such as SFRAME, SAP and ETABS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to meet the expectations of this position.
- Must be a registered Engineer-in-Training or ability to obtain within six months.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a multidiscipline group.
- Experience in water retaining structure design will be considered an asset.
- Must have 0 to 4 years of experience in civil engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top