Structural Engineer (EIT)
- Chicago, IL
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec has an immediate need for a talented, team focused Structural Engineer (EIT) with 2 years of design experience looking to challenge themselves on a professional level contributing to a variety of transportation projects. You will have the opportunity to learn, work on exciting and multi-faceted projects, grow your career and collaborate with some of the finest designers in North America.
We are looking for a Structural EIT who will excel in a team environment and have a passion for the work they do within our communities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assists with structural engineering analyses and design for projects of all sizes and working on several project concurrently
- Assisting in preparation of construction contract documents, plans and reports
- Performs calculations using company standard software
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- General knowledge of Microstation and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Familiar with MathCAD or Matlab
- Familiar with finite elements software such as Staad, or SAP2000 a plus
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures, Master's degree a plus. EIT certification required.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 200001B3
Back to top